Thursday, April 1, 2010

Events Roundup: Hoppy Thursday


A perfect night to stay in and bake a carrot cake, methinks. Easter is coming up and I'm still largely incapacitated by "jarní únava" or spring fatigue, so you won't see me hopping around at any of those parties.

POETRY:

- The beautiful and talented Annie Brechin, a recent UK transplant to Prague, will be reading at the Poézié Suterén series tonight at 8 p.m, at Shakespeare's and Son's on Krýmská 12. If you haven't seen her yet, you should go, and if you have, you don't need me to tell you to.

FREAKY GLAMOUR:

-Oh Lord. The Cloud 9 Sky bar on top of the Hilton Hotel is having a "hetero-friendly" party. There will be reduced prices on long drinks, a music show, a party guide and the dress code is "chic crazy/freaky glamour/ nightly decadent" If you're not scared, go and check it out at 9 p.m. for free. I'll be hiding at home with my cake.

SPORT:

-The March madness continues over at the Czech Inn Kavarna, tonight at 6 p.m. with cheapo Budvars and college basketball players. While the appeal of that is lost on me, I will acknowledge that one man's tea is another man's coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment