Friday, February 26, 2010

Morning Roundup: The Politician edition




-Al Gore, I love what you're doing for the environment and your 30 Rock appearances are brilliant. But, ČSSD? Just say no! I'm all for spreading the good word, but Jiří Paroubek is not your friend and nobody likes him here. You will have egg on your face, and I mean that in both the literal and figurative sense.

-In SEXIER news: Czechs busted in Liverpool for "sham marriage ring" and bigamy! To be honest, I can't really tell you what the article is trying to say beyond that, it's pretty confusing, as I would imagine all sham marriage rings to be.

-President Vaclav Klaus totally wants to make out with Russia. He's paid three visits to Russia since he took office, and now he's letting Russian President Dmytry Medvedev personally open an exhibit of Kremlin treasures in the Prague Castle. Maybe he's feeling nostalgic?

-Russia also just recently admitted for engaging in a diplomatic tit for tat, expelling Czech journalist Josef Pazderka in response to the Czech Republic expelling a Russian journalist last year. And on that note, I am going to stop writing unfavorable news items about the most excellent Russia. I love that place! And Putin is dreamy. Also, dolphins love him.

-Anthony Bourdain makes a bunny orgy joke while visiting Prague, and makes me fall in love with bad Czech food all over again. Watch it on Youtube.

-Martina Sáblíková will carry the Czech flag at the Olympic's closing ceremony. Last item. The 22-year old is the first Czech to win three medals at the Winter Olympics. Every time the Olympics are held I start out whining about how they're boring and a waste of space. Then my cynical little heart gets warmed when I actually watch someone realize their dreams, and I shed a tear. Good thing this only happens once every four years, I wouldn't want to turn into some sort of softie, jeeze.

-And finally, Spring really is here, and the crazies have come out to celebrate. This morning I saw a man clad from head to toe in leather, including a cowboy hat pulled mysteriously low over his face. All I could see was his grizzled beard, as the mysterious cowboy of tram line number nine softly plucked at his UKELELE. The best part was the looks on the faces of the other tram riders, based on their reactions you'd think the guy was holding a loudly ticking box. Not a lot of tolerance for absurdity on the morning commute in this country.

-Update: when photo editors smoke crack!

No comments:

Post a Comment