Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Morning Roundup: What's a Haiti?


-A travel agency will send your stuffed animal on a trip to Prague for 90 euro. This is painfully dumb. I read this and had to smoke a cigarette. But now I've regrouped and I've got some thoughts I'd like to share. Firstly, I feel a twinge of sympathy for the travel agency underlings that have to take stuffed animals to get massages, and take pictures of that. Secondly, if that was my job, I'd do other things to the stuffed animals, too. I'd take them to the basement of Chapeau, make them buy overpriced drugs, make them pretend dance to bad house music and then have them wake up next to other strange stuffed animals. Please take a minute to picture that.

-The Czech government has just made the swine flu vaccine
available to everyone. You know, the vaccine they ordered one MILLION of, that inoculates you against a disease that zero people are afraid of anymore? The guy in charge of the whole damn program didn't even get one. This feels like trying to avoid eye contact with the bum on the street who's selling old Discmans and pagers.

-This March 1 transport strike is wrong, all wrong. How am I supposed to care about your benefit tax if I'm not even getting a day off out of it?

-Segregation! Utterly depressing, but not that surprising.

-Does the word "burgles" strike you as funny? This Czech guy tried to play out a real-live version of Gone in 60 Seconds, but totally lost cool points with the dorky headline. Newspapers, so underminey.

-Czechs are building a hospital in Haiti. I would donate money, but I kind of want something in return. Do you think they'd take my stuffed animal with them and take cute pictures of him taking someone's blood pressure?


No comments:

Post a Comment