Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Events Roundup: I'd like to be... under the sea.

Is it wrong to already dream of the upcoming long weekend on a Tuesday? Maybe, or maybe just masochistic. Ah well. It's sunny and breezy and beautiful out and the birds are chirping. I'm watching the scene from my office and yearning to join the merriment. If, like me, you have to wait until tonight to experience le fun, check this:

Party:

-BEATLES Party that is. The Red Room is having a goodbye event for someone I don't know, but it goes hand in hand with a screening of "Yellow Submarine" and live Beatles covers later on in the night, as well as Beatles tunes being DJed. I don't think I used the term Beatles enough in this paragraph, so if you like The Beatles, you should go to the Beatles Party at The Red Room (Myslíková 28) tonight at 8 p.m.


Theater:

-Tonight is the night for the chosen three in this year's Prague Playwriting Contest. Catch the last performance of the three best plays and be there for when the jury decides which lucky playwright takes home a cash award of 10,000 kč. I wish I had thought ahead and participated, considering how broke I am now. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. at Divadlo Ponec, tickets are 220 kč.

Food:

-I don't know about you, but I'd love to be able to make my own fucking Gnocchi, since these little Italian potato dumplings are really SOOOO delicious. If you wanna learn how to make Gnocchi alla Romana, stop by Gallery Hunger (U Rajské Zahrady 2) tonight at 7 p.m. and become a Gnocchi making master FOR FREE! Seriously, what's not to love?

Sports and Comedy:

-Experience the Czech Inn Kavárna (Francouská 76) at its shizophrenic best: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. March Madness aka College Basketball, followed by Too Soon?! comedy night at 8p.m. All at no charge whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment