Monday, March 8, 2010

WATCH: Sparklehorse


I fell harder for music when I was 18 than at any other age, maybe something to do with the fear and excitement that marks growing up. The daily highs and lows that came with infatuation and inexperience were punctuated by my developing musical taste. Those songs are like scents to me, capable of bringing me right back to the where and when's of growing up.

Sparklehorse's It's a Wonderful Life was on heavy rotation in my freshman dorm room, along with Incubus' Morning View and the Shins' Oh Inverted World. Sparklehorse frontman Mark Linkous did himself in, for the second time, this past weekend. Unlike his first death, this time it took. So in memory of him and what he did while on this earth, here's a really, really great song.

1 comment:

  1. Well put. I was hoping he'd be today's "Watch this!". You rock.

    ReplyDelete