Monday, March 15, 2010

RESTAURANT: Las Adelitas


Restaurant criticism is impossible when you know and like the owners. So in the interest of full disclosure: I've met the guys behind Las Adelitas and they are awesome. I met them before I had my first bite of their food, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

The four co-owners and chef are all from Mexico, unlikely transplants that met in Prague and decided to recreate their country's cuisine. Before the brick and mortar restaurant opened late last year, a couple of them had been running a delivery service that had picked up a solid customer base. The restaurant is a small space, so make sure to get a reservation, and nicely decorated with materials they imported from Mexico.



I've eaten there three times now, and really liked nearly everything I had. The exception was a taco al pastor, where I found the pork to be too dry to be really great.

Burrito de cochinita has a more tender pork in it with a richness of flavor I've yet to find at any other Mexican or Tex-Mex place in Prague. I think what really makes their dishes work is a dedication to the recipes and their insistence on using authentic ingredients, not easy ones to find in Prague. One of the owners tipped me off about a supplier they use that will deliver orders to anyone who needs hard-to- find ingredients essential to Mexican cuisine.



Prices are reasonable, with all of the dishes ringing in safely below the 200 Kč mark, but you can rack up a pretty big bill if you aren't careful about how many of their (great) margaritas you're drinking at 89 Kč a pop.

Click here for their Menu

Las Adelitas
Americká 8
Prague 2-Vinohrady
Tel. 222 542 031

Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m.-11 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment