Friday, March 26, 2010

News Roundup: Loris babies and boring disarmament treaties.

-WTF? Really? Surely, there must have been a better picture available to illustrate the fact that the heads of state of America and Russia will be signing a disarmament treaty right here in Prague on April 8.

-He be gone. Topol, that is. I feel the ODS is like a five year old kid that is trying to get its parents' attention. Seriously, I can't take it no mo'. Topol has been replaced by Pavel Nečas as the election leader. It's kind of a big fucking deal, I know, but I'm tired of Topol, the ODS and Czech party politics in general. Sigh.

-Mr. Social Democrats leader Jiří Paroubek, staying true to his character and taking advantage of any opportunity to diss, said that if Pavel Nečas won't distance himself from ODS key figures such as Ivan Langer, Pavel Bém and of course Topol, things in the party will remain the way they used to be "with the same bad actors, just that now, they've lost their clown." That's kind of a heartbreaking image. I'm picturing one of those ugly porcelain clown dolls with a drawn-on tear on their cheek with Topol's face.

-And lastly, BIG NEWS for my fellow contributor slow loris: Two rare loris twins were born in Děčín zoo. Check them out, they're sooooooooooooooooo cute!

Unfortunately, the mother has only accepted one of them, the other is in the care of a zoo employee. I quote: "The keepers found one of the young lying helplessly on the floor." AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I think my heart just burst into a million pieces. A pygmy loris baby rejected by its own mother? I'm willing to adopt, just throwing that out there!

1 comment:

  1. I want the other one! Can you pick it up at the zoo and ship it to me? I'd love you forever. :)

    ReplyDelete