Monday, March 15, 2010

News Roundup: Spring ahead!

Happy Monday to you. It's nice out, though don't take me as a reliable source because I haven't left the house yet. In small and personal news, today is a victorious day: I've managed to get in a load of laundry before 8 a.m., which in my building comes close to turning water into wine. Go me.

-Could this be for real? Come July, restaurants and bars in the CR will be required to display stickers on their entrances that indicate whether it's a smoking or non-smoking establishment. This meassure is part of a new law to help cut down on public smoking. That's all good. But what surprised me is that, according to Pavel Hlinek, president of the Czech Association of Restaurants and Hotels, a whopping 50 percent of restaurateurs in Prague have decided to go non-smoking come July. I'll believe that when I see it.

-Continuing with good news, it's supposed to be 18 degrees Celsius next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Once again, we bring you a gem from Lidovky's apparently never-ending well of ill-suited stock photos, this one is supposed to illustrate a plea to (newly scandal afflicted) Human Rights minister Michael Kocáb from the Brno-based gay and lesbian group STUD who want the right for gay parents to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment