Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good Cop, Bad Cop: To cheat or not to cheat?


In this week's Good Cop, Bad Cop, borufkabery and Captain Sensible deal with an issue familiar to many. The cat is gone, will the mice play?

Enjoy reading and, as always, feel free to send in your own, anononymous problems to be answered by us at praggeist@gmail.com.

Dear GCBC,

My boyfriend of one year is having Visa troubles, and it looks like he's going to have to take the 3-month vacation in the states in about a month before he can most likely come back to Prague. Things are pretty great between us, but three months is a long time. Neither one of us want to break up, but with spring/early summer comes lots of drinking and cavorting and I have a feeling I'm going to need a little something to fill those lonely nights.
I'm scared to death that if I propose a temporary loosening of our bonds of love, he'll freak and dump me outright. Is this one of those 'unsaid' things I can just assume is ok, as long as neither of us inform the other of our extracurricular intentions? I mean, he's got ex-girlfriends back home, it's going to be a lot easier for him, probably.

Yours forever, as long as we're in the same city,
Open-minded girlfriend



Dear open-minded girlfriend,
I think what's key is to bring this issue out in the open. If your boyfriend feels comfortable adopting a sort of "Don't ask, don't tell" policy for the time you're apart, than that is perfectly fine and you both can have a taste of your forbidden fruit and still know that after three months, you're going back to business as usual.

I understand you're afraid to be this open, but going behind his back and assuming it's one of these unsaid things, as you write, could well backfire.

Hope I could help,
Yours,
Good Cop.


Open-minded GF,
I’m thinking maybe you’re a bit too open-minded. You say after a year together things are pretty great and that you have “bonds of love”. That’s a situation a lot of people would appreciate. Are you honestly telling me you can’t keep your drawers on for three
months? Have you got no self-control or will power? I mean, if you see a cake do you have to woof the whole thing down straight away? Also, from what you’ve written you have no reason to expect he will capitalize on his “easier” situation to hook up with an ex. In any case, you should definitely overcome your fear and tell the guy you want to shag other people “because spring is coming”. Of course, he may dump you. I know I would.

Bad Cop

No comments:

Post a Comment