Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News Roundup: Adventures in Siberia


-The weather channel told me it's going to be a high of 59 degrees today. That's almost 60!! Good luck trying to do ANY work today (I'm talking to myself here).

-You know who doesn't like nice weather? These guys. They spent 25 days trekking across 650 km on frozen Baikal Lake in Siberia. Let's think about that for a minute. You're a person of means, clearly, if you can take off for a month to some remote part of the world and have all the equipment necessary to sustain yourself. You're also quite adventurous. And for your big adventure, you choose to walk across a FROZEN LAKE IN SIBERIA. Those guys are assholes.

-Members of Mirek Topolanek's own party want him to resign over his own personal Mel Gibson moment. Unfortunately he wasn't even drunk when he talked about gays, Jews and Catholics. Everyone acts all shocked and offended, but this is the same guy that walked around with a boner at Silvio Berlusconi's Villa of Earthly Delights. That last link is NSFW guys!

-Greenpeace protesters have scaled a 300 meter smokestack to protest the Prunerov coal plant in North Bohemia, and plan on spending "several" nights there. I'm glad there are people like this out there, because there are a whole lot of other people out there like me, who would never, ever get riled up enough about anything to spend several nights on a smokestack. You know what I'm planning on doing this weekend? A paint by numbers of a kitten and a puppy that Borufkaberry got me for my birthday. I know, I wonder what my purpose on this planet is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment