Monday, March 8, 2010

Urban Oasis if you will: Café in Havlíčkový Sady

I don't know about you, but I was already a fan of Havlíčkový Sady park, that little bit of green just a stone's throw from I.P. Pavlova in the really fancy part of Vinohrady.

It's quiet and small and you get a great view of Prague. So imagine my delight when, on a recent Saturday walk, I discovered this precious little café that just opened in the middle of the park.


The place doesn't have a website, so it made it a bit difficult to find out the name (as in: I didn't). But I overheard the waiter tell another customer that it's open from 10 am to 7 pm everyday.
The above pictured cheesecake was as good as it looks, fluffy, light and moderately sweet. Yummers.


The place is all glass, so I imagine it'll be hell in summer, but right now, when your body is still starved for sunshine, sitting in a glass cage is really pleasant.


The architecture/interior design of it is really nice and sort of unusual for Prague. My favorite were the sofa-esque seats. Super comfortable and when I closed my eyes, they lead me to imagine myself sitting on the beach, pondering. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment