Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Morning Roundup: Coffee!

You know when you run out of an essential household item, sometimes you just find ways to work around it? Say you run out of toilet paper, but there's always tissues and kitchen towels? Come on, we've all done it.

I had a similar experience recently with coffee (didn't manage to pick any up at the store for a week, despite the fact that I went a few times), and replaced it with black tea. This led to me being much less alert at work, but yesterday, the temporary amnesia that seemed to hang over me in the store's coffee aisle suddenly lifted, and now we're back in business. Just thought I'd let you know. It's the small things. Smell the roses, man. Uuuh...

-Thanks for warning us, Mr. Klaus! I sure appreciate a little FYI on the European cacophony that, you know, is sweeping across Europe.

-Of course he did - meet with lobbyists that is. I'm just amazed at how every picture of Paroubek is comedy. Also, as one friend pointed out, he looks a lot like Springfield's mayor. It's uncanny.

-Czech drivers feel harassed by the German police and they're speaking up about it. I feel y'all, but 20 years of living in Bavaria and I never met a cop that was "arrogant" and performed "thorough checks."

That's it, y'all. There's not much happenin', what can I say...

No comments:

Post a Comment