Friday, March 12, 2010

News Roundup: One BILLION dollars


-Forbes released their annual list of the world's billionaires. Thanks, Forbes, for making me stop and think about what it's like to be a Billionaire, or Millionaire, or fuck it, a Thousandaire. I'm 27 years old, I should be a Thousandaire by now! I know, I know, not a real word. Anyway, Czech entrepeneur Petr Kellner was number 89 on the list with over $7 billion. Two other Czechs appeared on the list for the first time by squeaking in with $1 billion. Do you think there's some weird other universe these people live in where they feel poor for being at the bottom of this list?

-Prague will host the Astronautical Congress in 200 days. The international event discusses rising ocean levels, space research and the International Space Station with over 2150 top researchers. I'm crashing it, I bet those guys are hilarious to party with.

-The Czech labor office is going to get even tougher on foreign workers' applications for work permits because of rising unemployment. Praggeist might soon be written by a former auto worker from Ostrava. If you thought it wasn't funny now, just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment